ingles profesor murcia
SALLY M. HXXXES
105 San Francisco Blvd CDI, 3rd floor, 185-3 Ok-Chundong
San Anselmo, CA 94960 Gangneung, Gangwon Provence
U.S.A. South Korea
415-457-0xxx (010) 2310-0xxx
A position as a teacher in an elementary or middle school where my teaching experience, creativity, and passion for teaching children will be utilized in a multi-cultural environment.
WHITMAN COLLEGE Walla Walla, WA
B.A. English, Cum Laude May 2007
Cum GPA 3.789/4.0
HONORS AND AWARDS
Distinction in Major Study: awarded for scores of distinction on written and oral examinations in
English Literature, May 2007.
Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society: awarded May 2007
Undergraduate Honors and Academic Distinction: 2004-2005.
CHUNGDAHM INSTITUTE (CDI) Gangneung, South Korea
EFL/ESL Instructor February 2008-present
- Instructing elementary, middle, and high school students in ESL/EFL classes, ranging from beginning to advanced level.
- Teaching weekend IBT-preparation classes, focusing on test-taking skills.
- Teaching weekend conversational English classes, focusing on acquisition and use of oral language skills.
- Teaching classes specifically designed to enhance Reading/Writing and Listening/Speaking of advanced students, as well as more general comprehensive classes for beginning students, focusing on reading/writing/listening/speaking.
TEACHING AND PROJECTS ABROAD Kerala, India.
English Conversation Teacher February 2006 to June 2006
- Taught English Conversation (TEFL) to K-7 classes, 20 hours per week.
- Developed and executed lesson plans appropriate to each age group.
- Used creative teaching strategies such as drawing and singing to improve pronunciation skills and speaking confidence of students of all ages.
- Adapted to the unique challenges of and enjoyed cross-cultural experience of living abroad.
AMIGOS DE LAS AMERICAS Intibuca, Honduras
Community volunteer and English teacher June 2002 to August 2002
- Volunteer in 8-week community development program in rural Honduras.
- Taught English and Health classes to local elementary school students, 2 hours/ week.
- Attended year-long cross-cultural training program.
Computer: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
Language: English native speaker; Spanish proficiency